Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Federal Group, under the Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities (BIAF) line of business in Jacobs, is creating a core Indo-Pacific business center in Honolulu office and searching for talents to help grow our design practice. We welcome professionals who are looking for a career of the life time.
Jacobs ranked #1 in 500 Engineering News-record (ENR) 2018 Top 500 Design Firms list. We have consistently received high rankings from ENR in many other classifications as well, including the categories of Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies. BIAF line of business in Jacobs is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities.
- Reports directly to the Federal Region Estimating Manager.
- Functions as primary point of contact on estimating assignments, provides independent estimates, constructability reviews, value engineering, risk analysis, and reviews/negotiates contractor estimates and change orders.
- Provides quality reviews of all estimating deliverables developed by the assigned estimating team.
- Leads project team with reporting functions and assembly of project deliverables.
- Presents the estimate deliverables to internal and external clients.
- Work independently, following established procedures.
- Assists in management and development of the estimating team.
- Develops man-hour/fee proposals for estimating tasks.
- Participates as part of a team in sales presentations.
- Prepares and maintains historical cost data and estimating metrics.
- Familiar with techniques, procedures, methods and the nature of applicable construction systems across all disciplines.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English required
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering discipline required.
- 10 years' estimating experience within the Building Construction Industry required
- Ability to lead a team is required.
- Experience with Excel, Timberline Estimating Software, On-Screen Takeoff , Success and MII preferred
- Estimating certification from ASPE or AACE desirable
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.