Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Repair Technician I
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 4 months ago(7/1/2019 9:48 AM)
- Installation, Maintenance, & Repair
JBT Airport Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
As a member of the JBT team you’ll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage + 401K.
This position is located at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Proficient with BHS and related maintenance responsibilities including electrical and mechanical equipment and components
- Ability to provide basic troubleshooting, problem solving, diagnostic & root cause analyses including repairs for equipment and systems
- Perform duties in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner using proper hand and bench tools for preventive and corrective maintenance
- Oversee the maintenance program including reactive, preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance including spearheading repairs & emergency response support
- Provide continuous review and assessment of the contingency and backup/backfill plans to meet appropriate updates as necessary
- Responsible for the general system cleanliness of all work areas to be free of trash, dirt and/or debris
- Provide timely critical information to keep the Supervisor and Site Manager abreast of crucial situations and/or conditions
While performing the duties of an Maintenance Technician, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces. Ladder work required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- BHS experience preferred or equivalent type experience;
- Must know and apply safety procedures.
- Active Driver License
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.