Northstar Memorial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northstar Memorial Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Location Name
- Hawaiian Memorial Park Mortuary-HI
- Position Category
- Client Services
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Funeral Director for Hawaiian Memorial Park Mortuary in Kaneohe, HI. This position manages all phases of the funeral arrangement including the removal of the deceased, selecting and setting up funeral services to final disposition. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, as well as, a current license in the applicable state.
- Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
- Carry out funeral services from retrieval of the deceased to final disposition
- Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
- Ensure all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
- Ensure flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Train all staff and strictly enforce all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
Requirements and Qualifications
- Current license or certification if required by state regulations
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid driver's license
Valley of the Temples Memorial Park in Kaneohe, HI, will be hosting a Job Fair at the Trousdale Chapel on Friday, September 27th, 2019 from 1pm-4pm and Saturday, September 28th, 2019 from 9am-1pm. We will be conducting on the spot interviews for candidates applying for full-time and part-time roles in the following categories:
- Call Center Agents
- Sales Representatives
- Security personnel
- Funeral Services Assistants
- Funeral Directors
Please bring a copy of your resume. We look forward to meeting you at the Job Fair!
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!