Northstar Memorial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northstar Memorial Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Location Name
- Valley of the Temples Memorial Park-HI
- Position Category
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities. Degreed & non-degreed professionals, labor workers, industry experts – people from all career and experiential backgrounds have the opportunity to find a home here.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Security Associate for Valley of the Temples Memorial Park in Kaneohe, HI. This position will be responsible for servicing families that are visiting the park, while maintaining their safety and keeping the integrity of the property.
- Provide directions and guidance to families, visitors and vendors
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to deter theft and maintain security of premises
- Serve as cashier for temple visitors
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Assist with selling flowers and other merchandise to families and visitors
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personable and strong customer service skills
- Understanding of local law regarding security work
- How to maintain security logs and records
- Requires ability to frequently lift, carry, push, grasp or pull objects ranging from 2lbs up to 25 lbs. (without the assistance of mobile or powered (equipment).
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is occasionally required (between 5% and 25% of the job). Work pace and/or exertion may bring on a limited amount of physical fatigue.
- This position requires standing for sustained periods of time and to work in many environments, including extreme heat and cold, humid and wet environments.
- Clean driving record, must be 18 years or older
Valley of the Temples Memorial Park in Kaneohe, HI, will be hosting a Job Fair at the Trousdale Chapel on Friday, September 27th, 2019 from 1pm-4pm and Saturday, September 28th, 2019 from 9am-1pm. We will be conducting on the spot interviews for candidates applying for full-time and part-time roles in the following categories:
- Call Center Agents
- Sales Representatives
- Security personnel
- Funeral Services Assistants
- Funeral Directors
Please bring a copy of your resume. We look forward to meeting you at the Job Fair!