Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Surveillance Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Construction Surveillance Technician
PAE has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Surveillance Technicians in Oahu, HI.
The Construction Surveillance Technician is responsible for:
- inspecting all construction materials, packages, bags, boxes, crates, and vehicles using x-ray equipment and other technical inspection tools.
- Perform visual inspections of all work performed by uncleared personnel for anomalies and to identify the introduction of clandestine technical devices.
- Reviewing construction drawings to ensure all construction performed is in accordance with approved drawings and specifications.
- Conducting risk analysis to determine the level of surveillance coverage and types of inspection required throughout the construction life cycle.
- Preventing and/or taking note of any changes in construction that could potentially mask an ulterior purpose.
- Assessing the potential locations where clandestine technical surveillance devices could be used by hostile intelligence services for the purpose of clandestine surveillance.
- Perform security escort and access control related duties as assigned.
- Understands Technical Surveillance Countermeasures, PHOTOINT, IMINT techniques and construction principles and devices used by hostile and friendly intelligence services for the purpose of clandestine surveillance.
- Understands and can put into practice basic technical surveillance techniques and procedures, and is familiar with state-of-the-art development of intercept devices.
- Can identify unauthorized materials.
- Understands and can assess industrial or government security requirements.
- Can identify Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
- Understands and can assess static security techniques and procedures.
- Understands and can put into practice the interpretation of blueprints and technical specifications.
- Understands and can put into practice construction security surveillance techniques.
- Understands and can put into practice vehicle search techniques.
- Understands and can put into practice personnel search techniques.
- Understands and can assess security practices/procedures for various levels of security.
- Can produce written reports of attempts to gain unauthorized access.
- Understands and can assess construction terminology, procedures and practices.
- Understands and can assess methods used to emplace technical penetrations or unauthorized materials.
- Understands technical security devices, systems, and other monitoring devices.
- Can report suspicious behavior.
- Must have a working knowledge of construction safety.
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in inclement conditions.
- Must have the ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently in a detail oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated and interested in continuing his/her education in the standard practices and procedures of the CSS industry.
- Must be willing to train and mentor entry-level (trainee) personnel.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Top Secret clearance.
- Government-approved CST certification (DoS (SE-630) Construction Surveillance Technician Course)
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in at least one of the following areas of expertise: Construction security surveillance, Technical Surveillance Countermeasures, Industrial or Government security involving counterintelligence, construction quality assurance, or hands on supervisory construction experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 5 years of construction experience
- 5 years in construction security surveillance, technical surveillance countermeasures, industrial or government security.
- Previous CST experience at overseas or domestic project sites (2-3 projects).
- Counterintelligence or Intelligence Analysis. Naval Construction Battalion (CB) training.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers construction training.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.