Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Document Management Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Document Management Technician
- Support one or more program areas by providing a wide variety of legal support and administrative functions under the program and technical guidance of the Administrative Officer and/or designated section supervisor.
- Perform routine receptionist functions such as answering telephones, receiving visitors, maintaining sign in logs and visitor logs. Determines which matters should be referred to the AUSA and the urgency of the matter. Operates multi-line automated telephone and routes incoming calls to staff members or take messages as appropriate.
- Responds to inquiries, providing general information regarding office programs. Advises callers or visitors to contact the appropriate Federal, State or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO's preview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
- Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming mail- Maintains miscellaneous numerical/alpha files so that correspondence checks can be made for unfamiliar material received. Checks mail and annotates accordingly, e.g. attorney assigned, case number, etc. Immediately notifies staff members when hand delivered incoming mail, FedEx and UPS deliveries, and faxes are received and places in appropriate internal mail box.
- Provides courier services from the USAO to the courthouses and State and federal agencies as required to file and/or deliver legal documents on a daily basis and at other times as required.
- Provides general copying and faxing services. Assists the office with large mail outs by photocopying, stuffing, sealing and metering envelopes. Prepares documents for imaging/scanning. Assembles/disassembles documents as required, taking care to ensure that original documents are reassembled exactly to their original slate.
- Stocks office supply areas by ensuring adequate levels of general office supplies are maintained and provides inventory lists to Contracting Officer for purchase. Ensures that Copy Rooms are stocked with paper. Assists with the maintenance and minor repairs of equipment including copiers, fax machines, time stamping clocks, postage meters, and shredders. Makes service calls for repair as necessary. Assists with the on-site shredding vendor by escorting and monitoring bi-weekly shred pick-ups.
- Maintains Library by receiving and processing new publications for shelving, inserting pocket parts into bound volumes, updating loose leaf publications, and distributing new publications.
- Provides assistance to attorneys and support staff in trial preparation by performing duties such as photocopying and collating materials to be inserted into trial notebooks. Provides additional assistance by performing scanning jobs, duplicating material contained on media such as VCR tapes, CDs and/or DVDs'
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains a variety offices. Separates, assembles, and organizes files and records for disposition or transfer to records depository in accordance with established procedures. Assists with closing files to be stored on-site and shipping closed files to be archived off-site.
- Performs docketing duties such as opening, updating and closing cases through use of CaseView, the automated case tracking system. As necessary, searches database for required information. Using established databases, performs data searches, report design, and other data retrieval assignments. Reports may be of a recurring nature or of a special, one-time nature based on user information requirements.
- Checks mail and annotates accordingly, e.g. attorney assigned, case number, etc.
- Immediately notifies staff members when hand delivered incoming mail, FedEx and UPS deliveries, and faxes are received and places in appropriate internal mail box.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, and one to two years of related experience.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.