Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
- Supports the criminal and/or civil division under the program and technical guidance of the criminal or civil supervisory legal assistant.
- Prepares a variety of legal documents and correspondence in final format.
- Assists attorneys in preparing for court.
- Scans discovery into an automated system.
- Maintains a court calendar, assembles trial and grand jury exhibits and notebooks.
- Maintains a variety of legal files.
- Ensures that legal documentation is maintained correctly within specific case files.
- Is responsible for closing files to be stored onsite and shipping closed files to be archived offsite.
- Assists attorneys and paralegal with the electronic filing of legal documents Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) with the Court (training to be provided).
- Reviews files and corrects any omissions in records.
- Checks all closed files to ensure the proper procedures have been followed and the closing process is complete.
- Assists the Administrative Division with special projects. This may include but is not limited to mail, move, court runs, etc.
- Serves as back-up receptionist.
- Assists with various other assignments as needed.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Paralegal Certificate OR three years experience in legal environment.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.