Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pride Industries
- Job ID
- Full Time Regular
- US-HI-Kaneohe Bay MCB
- Additional Information
- This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
Job:? Administrative Assistant
Job Code:? K22 - KB-Administrative Assnt
Salary Grade: NSF
FLSA Status:? Non-Exempt
Approval Date:? May 2018
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, in addition to secretarial duties (filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements), this position provides administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll. Employees in this job class may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials. This job requires knowledge of the organization and management supported; familiarity with programs and services provided; and the ability to organize and produce a high volume of skilled clerical work and deliver high quality customer service.
1. *Performs a wide variety of clerical duties in support of department or site management and staff; for example, receiving visitors, answering telephones, entering data, processing paperwork, scheduling meetings, maintaining documents and files in accordance with established regulations.
2. *Greets visitors and subcontractors, assists by answering questions or providing written information about the organization’s programs and services or directing to appropriate individual or department.
3. *Answers multiple lines of telephone calls and either assists callers or forwards to appropriate individual or department.
4. *Compiles and enters operational data into automated processing systems and verifies accuracy.
5. *Obtains and records data and information from internal and external sources and follows-up with sources for clarification.
6. *Produces routine, numerical and graphical reports and presentations for management information and human resources tracking.
7. *Produces and processes vendor invoices and maintains vendor information.
8. *Inputs timekeeping and employee data into the payroll system, verifies accuracy, follows-up with corrections, and maintains employee time sheets.
9. *Assembles and collates information, packets and folders used in programs, services and communications.
10. *Purchases and maintains levels of office and housekeeping supplies.
11. *Provides faxing, copying, collating, and mail processing support.
12. *Sets-up, maintains, and properly disposes of confidential files and records.
13. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One or more years of experience providing clerical support and customer service;
• Computer literacy including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software;
• Skills to enter or lookup and retrieve data from multiple, related systems and databases;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective relationships with others and work in a team environment;
• Oral and written communication skills to provide factual and procedural information, and to understand and follow instructions;
• Fundamental mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of detailed employee information;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle multiple requests at the same time;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills.
• Ability to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests, and escalate appropriately.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, stooping, and reaching
• Utilizing keyboard
• Monitoring computer systems
• May include viewing computer/CCTV monitor(s) and detailed work requiring close vision
• Moving or lifting boxes up to 25 pounds
• Answering/making phone calls
• Communicating with others
Work is primarily performed at a customer’s location in an office / shop environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise and/or noise from equipment. Transporting to locations with the work site may be required. Employees may also be exposed to extreme cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.