Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Drafter CAD Operator I
at Pride Industries
- Job ID
- Full Time Regular
- US-HI-Kaneohe Bay MCB
- Additional Information
- This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
Job: Drafter CAD Operator I
Job Code: K59 - KB-Drafter/CAD Operator 1
SCA Occup: 30061 Drafter/CAD Operator I
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2017
Under general supervision, the Drafter/CAD Operator I performs drafting work manually or using a computer that is comprised of drawings that are used to communicate engineering ideas, design, and information. Employees in this job class prepare drawings of structures, facilities, land profiles, water systems, mechanical and electrical equipment, pipelines, duct systems, and similar equipment, systems, and assemblies. This job class requires knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques and the use of recognized systems of symbols, legends, shadings, and lines having specific meanings in drawings.
1. * Revises original drawings and prepares computer models of simple, easily visualized structures, systems, parts or equipment that fit familiar patterns and present few technical problems to meet updated specifications.
2. * Draws simple profiles from predetermined structural dimensions and reduced survey notes.
3. * Prepares computer models from data, print, and photos.
4. * Creates utility maps using existing data in CAD and distributes to review agencies, compiles review comments, secures final sign-off, and produces hard copies for contractors.
5. * Copies blue prints and maps for contractors and technicians and scans As-builds into the computer for SharePoint accessibility.
6. * Processes, files and indexes, and tracks phases of construction permits, drawings, and other documentation.
7. * Utilizes the GIS and AutoCAD system to update maps.
8. * Maintains forms on internal database and inputs data into CAD and GIS.
9. * Submits dig permits for approval.
10. Covers front desk/reception area and directs people accordingly when needed.
11. *Assists technicians with project support which may include; mailing, copying, scanning, emailing, and faxing.
12. *Gathers field data utilizing GPS instrumentation.
13. Edits, copies and distributes presentation materials.
14. *Maintains utility maps and processes daily scans, files, and prints.
15. *Assists customers in locating drawings and monitors the sign-out of drawings.
16. *Performs general clerk functions such as filing and correspondence at some sites where required.
17. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Familiarity with Autodesk (CAD) and ESRI (GIS) programs;
• Working knowledge of Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Office applications;
• Knowledge and skill in drawing methods, procedures, and techniques;
• Ability to follow detailed instructions;
• Clear judgment to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests, and escalate matters appropriately;
• Knowledge of common building and construction practices and materials;
• Familiarity with Trimble GPS devices or equivalent;
• Ability to draw from sketches, build floor plans, and determine size, spacing and arrangement of freehand lettering according to scale;
• Familiarity with appropriate templates/computer programs and use of a compass and other equipment required to complete assignments;
• Command of the English language and ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
• Transporting to various locations within customer site
• Viewing computer screens
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with limited privacy and exposure to noise from others conducting business. The remainder of work is performed on job sites in the field, driving to and from worksite. Employees may be exposed to noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.