Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Clerk III- Camp Smith
at Pride Industries
- Job ID
- Full Time Regular
- US-HI-Kaneohe Bay MCB
- Additional Information
- This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
Job: T13 - KB-GeneralClerk3CampSmith
Job Code: General Clerk III
SCA Occup: 01113 General Clerk III
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: September 2019
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the General Clerk III uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. This position requires familiarity with a variety of administrative matters. This job class depends upon selecting from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures.
1. * Assists in a variety of administrative matters.
2. * Maintains a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically).
3. * Verifies statistical reports for accuracy and completeness.
4. * Compiles information.
5. * Acts responsively to customer inquiries and escalates issues as appropriate.
6. * Uses a thorough knowledge of an office’s work and routine to choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions.
7. * Independently selects or devises steps necessary to complete assignments.
8. May direct lower level clerks. 9. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- One or more years relevant experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests;
- Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common-sense skills;
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle multiple requests simultaneously;
- Ability to act responsively to customer inquiries and escalate issues as appropriate;
- May be required to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, stooping, and reaching
• Utilizing keyboard
• Monitoring computer systems
• May include viewing computer/CCTV monitor(s) and detailed work requiring close vision
• Moving or lifting boxes up to 25 pounds
• Answering/making phone calls
• Communicating with others?
?Work is primarily performed at a customer’s location in an office/shop environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise and/or noise from equipment. Transporting to locations within the worksite may be required. Employees may also be exposed to extreme cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at?www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.