Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Lead Audio Visual - Hilton HI Village
The Technical Lead is responsible for intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director of Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
- Provides excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Be a leader, mentor and coach for other Technicians on PSAV’s Delivering World Class Service philosophy.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates advanced operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Anticipates equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
- Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Work with clients to finalize invoices.
- As needed, work within PSAV systems and applications
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset Matrix (@PSAV/HR/Global Learning).
- Achieve three, Technical Level 2 Certifications (2 must be A,V,L or P and 1 from the remaining 6). See Skill Set Addendum.
- 2-3 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 2-3 years of audio visual experience is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Decision Quality
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Instills Trust
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.