Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
After School Care Lead Teacher - Co-Curricular
at Punahou School
After School Care (ASC) provides after school supervision for Punahou students in Kindergarten – grade 5 in a safe and nurturing environment. Under the direction of the ASC Coordinator, the ASC Lead Teacher is responsible for the supervision of students in their designated grade level. Provides a safe, nurturing and enriching environment for children in grades K-5. In collaboration with the ASC team, implements activities that reflect the vision and mission of the ASC program and grade level themes. The Lead Teacher works well with the ASC Coordinator, Student Workers, Punahou Faculty, Staff, and Parents.Â Evaluates the effectiveness of the program and activities, ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children, maintains regular communication with parents via newsletter, phone calls, email, etc. and contributes to the effective operation of the overall ASC program.
Department: Co-Curricular Programs
Status: Casual Per Diem
Work Year: 2019-2020 School Year
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 2:15 PM - 5:30 PM, Schedule may vary based own operational needs
- High school diploma. College degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience working with elementary age students in an educational setting.
- Possess required functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his or her job at a high level of accomplishment. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement, active interest to enhance and apply new functional skills.
- Ability to use resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Knows how to organize people and activities and understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flows.
- Ability to help others through emotional or tense situations, tactfully bringing disagreements into the open and finding solutions all can endorse.
- Ability to analyze information objectively and make a reasoned judgment.
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.