Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Teacher, Immersion Program - Wo International Center
at Punahou School
Wo International Center
Wo International Center serves as a beacon for educational practices, discussions and international learning through a global perspective. The Center has become a conduit for connection and communication among schools locally and internationally.
An important part of the Wo International Center is the enrichment elementary immersion language program (in Mandarin Chinese, Japanese or Hawaiian), which is open to students in grades 1 – 5. Students experience an enjoyable introduction to language and culture through games, songs, skits and storytelling. The three language programs provide a cultural and theme-based immersion environment that challenges students in age-appropriate ways to become capable and confident communicators in Mandarin Chinese, Hawaiian or Japanese through activities and play. All communication will be in the language for some parts of the day (gradually increasing over the year). Students are placed in small age groups led by advanced Academy language students serving as teaching assistants and under the supervision of a lead faculty member.
Wo International Center is actively recruiting After-School Assistant Language Teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in helping students of all ages explore the various languages and cultures, we invite you to apply online!
Department: Wo International Center
Status: Part Time No Benefits
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Year: 2019-2020 School Year
Work Hours: 1:30PM - 4:45PM, 3:00PM - 5:00PM weekdays, with some flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior speaking proficiency in Hawaiian, Mandarin Chinese, and/or Japanese.
- Early childhood or elementary teaching experience.
- Ability to teach with a flexible, open curriculum.
- Ability to and be comfortable working with high school teaching assistants.
- Commitment to continued growth through collaboration and mutual observations.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to and be comfortable working outdoors.