Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Groundsman I - Physical Plant
at Punahou School
The Physical Plant office supports, manages, and maintains 75 acres of campus and nearly 1 million square feet of instruction space, as well as supporting every school department with vital campus services. Grounds and field maintenance includes campus landscape, grounds cleaning, exterior pest/animal control, tree trimming, planting, irrigation and field-lining for athletic events. Grounds staff maintain the campus recycling nursery and sod farm, as well as assist with retrieval of items from trees or the lily pond.
Punahou School is actively recruiting a Groundsman I who will provide non-skilled grounds maintenance support within the Physical Plant department. This position is responsible primarily for the upkeep and general beautification of the grounds on the Punahou campus.
Department: Physical Plant
Status: Full Time Regular
Work Year: 12 Month
Work Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM, Schedule may vary based on operational needs.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalent.
- Six (6) months related experience and/ or training.
- Ability to successfully carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract.
- Must exercise patience and exhibit good interpersonal skills in dealing with children and adults.