Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Assistant - Human Resources
at Punahou School
Sullivan Administration Bldg
As Punahou School recognizes the richness of its traditions, as well as its responsibility to deliver a relevant educational experience in a rapidly changing world, it remains anchored in the aim of developing the full potential of each student through a broad and vigorous program of studies and through rich experiences for exploration, growth and mastery. The Office of Human Resource Development supports faculty and staff to maximize their potential as they serve the broader purpose of helping students reach their fullest promise.
Punahou School is currently recruiting a Human Resources Assistant to join the Office of Human Resource Development. The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, clerical and secretarial support by effectively scheduling meetings, screening telephone calls, providing planning assistance and other duties as required. The Human Resources Assistant responsibilities include:
- Provides diversified and intermediate to advanced secretarial and administrative support functions.
- Provides “Front Office” support, answering general phone inquiries and assisting walk-in customers with routine questions and providing information.
- Completes routine daily or monthly recurring processes and/or transactions in multiple functional areas.
- Input employment, benefits and leave information into the Human Resources Information System accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains records and records management systems through filing, retrieval, retention, storage compilation, coding, updating and destruction. Accurately and confidentially maintains appropriate personnel records and files.
- Collate and assemble department information packets/forms and assist with mailings.
- Assist with preparing correspondence which may include editing drafts, composing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, drafting letters of memorandums, and/or initiating correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and processes.
- Reviews source documents to determine intended action, correctness, sufficiency of information and conformance with procedures.
Department: Office of Human Resource Development
Status: Part Time Regular
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Year: 12 Months
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, between 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Schedule may vary depending on business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in a high-volume office environment, preferably in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of contemporary office methods and procedures.
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database and internet applications, the use of email and other communication applications and software.
- Knowledge of human resources information systems highly desirable.