Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Teacher - Junior School
at Punahou School
Fulfilling Punahou’s mission of creating the conditions and opportunities for students to reach their full potential is at the core of our daily work as a school. Each and every educational interaction holds the promise of making a positive impact on a child’s life. Substitute teachers are essential members of our school community; they impact students on a daily basis in meaningful and mission-driven ways through their versatility in the classroom.
We are currently recruiting a Substitute Teacher for grades K-8 that will work on an on-call or as-needed basis. We have immediate needs in the following areas:
Substitute Assistant Teachers - Grades K-3
Substitute Teachers – Grades K-3
Substitute Teachers – Physical Education
Substitute Teachers – World Languages
Substitute Teachers - Middle School Mathematics
Substitute teachers work on an on-call or as-needed basis. They provide a valuable service to our students and assist in delivering a quality instructional program in the absence of the classroom teacher. The ideal candidates will have the ability to adapt to new environments and provide a classroom environment capable of the smooth delivery of ongoing instructional programs in the absence of the classroom teacher. If you thrive in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, have excellent communication skills, the ability to use classroom time appropriately and wisely, and are able to motivate students to maximize learning opportunities, we invite you to apply!
Department: Junior School, Grades K-8
Status: Casual Per Diem
Work Year: 2019 – 2020 School Year
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Schedule will vary based on operational needs
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of subject areas, grade-level curriculum, and content.
- Demonstrated familiarity with curriculum, teaching methods and assessment frameworks in the subjects and age ranges; and age-related expectations of students.
- Ability to administer and interpret a variety of assessments.
- Working familiarity with assistive technologies, Internet and Email systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Familiarity with computers (Apple) and their use in instruction to enhance student learning.
- Working knowledge of various office and video equipment.
- Knowledge of educational software.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Three (3) years of experience working in an elementary or middle school.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds; an understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents, sensitivity to each individual student’s needs; and ability to appreciate the variety of perspectives offered by individual viewpoints, disciplines and cultural understandings.