Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Cemetery Maintenance
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a part time opening for a Custodial Technician at Borthwick Mortuary in Honolulu, HI. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Cleans facility rooms and furnishings. Follows established policies and procedures to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the facility.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and waxes the floors, stairs and other surfaces inside the facility.
- Ensures that all entrances are clean and maintained appropriately for the public
- Vacuums carpet and cleans furniture in offices, rooms and public areas.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and cleans and polishes glass surfaces.
- Straightens and rearranges furniture as needed.
- Collects and disposes of trash and debris inside the facility.
- Checks for and replaces burned out light bulbs.
- Cleans restrooms which include scrubbing toilets and sinks, cleaning handicap bar, sweeping, mopping, cleaning grout and replenishing supplies.
- Maintains all facial tissue dispensers and water dispensers; replenishes used supplies on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and cleaning solutions; orders supplies or advise management of need to re-order
- May assist in setup and arranging for chapel services.
- May assist in delivering floral tributes to visitation areas and chapel.
- Notifies Location Management of any emergency maintenance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent
- Entry-level position. No previous experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to operate simple cleaning machines
- Knowledge of general cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to identify cleaning compounds and solutions
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V