Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Dietitian 2
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian Part-Time -for the Accountable Care Organization of the Queen’s Health System and is expanding to include a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. The RDN will provide support to the treating provider in a patient-centered, integrated model of nutrition care that includes but not limited to:
- Validated nutritional screening and assessment of the community residing older at-risk adult 20 hours week
- Medical nutrition therapy consultation
- Disease specific nutritional education
- Behavioral health support
- Care Coordination
- Community partnership with food programs
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager:
This position is Part time, Variable hours and May involve evenings or Saturdays in the future, based on patient needs
The Integrated Medical Nutrition Program is just beginning, so will involve planning, networking, and implementation.
This is done in an outpatient setting which will require traveling to different locations on Oahu, telemedicine, and possible travel to neighbor islands.
The Ideal candidate will be/have:
- An RD who is reliable, enthusiastic, energetic, motivated, an excellent communicator, and has integrity.
- Experienced in the outpatient arena and has broad clinical knowledge is highly desirable.
- A skilled critical thinker with excellent organizational skills who can develop a rapport with patients/clients that motivates patients to action.
- Work collaboratively with professionals and non-professionals to strengthen the team and provide excellent nutrition care to those patients/clients she/he sees.
- able to interpret nutrition science and explain it to the public in a clear and meaningful way that could include 1:1 counseling, classes, radio, TV, written work, and Health fairs.
- Excellent computer skills
- A Registered Dietitian
- A valid driver’s license is required and your own car
- A State RD license required
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.