The Michaels Organization
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recertification Specialist - Kuhio Park Towers
at The Michaels Organization
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position with a starting hourly pay of $16-$18. This position is Monday - Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PM with occasional weekends.
The Recertification Specialist, under the direction of the Community Manager has the primary responsibility of the Recertification Specialist is to perform all resident's annual and interim recertifications including move-ins and move-outs, as well as, any other duties that are required of you. This responsibility requires organization and great attention to detail. On a daily basis, the recertification specialist may be conducting interviews, processing paperwork, interacting with various vendors and agencies, and at the same time, assisting with several administrative and leasing tasks required to keep the rental office running
smoothly. The Recertification Specialist must be able to multi-task well, all within specific time constraints.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain Property waiting list.
2. Conduct applicant interviews and determine eligibility.
3. Coordinate on-site data collections and processing of resident information.
4. Schedule resident recertification interviews.
5. Insure proper calculation of income, assets, rent levels, etc.
6. Work with maintenance staff for timely move-in/ move-out of residents.
7. Coordinate apartment inspections for recertifications.
8. Maintain resident files in accordance with company policy & regulatory agency policy.
9. Assist office staff on other tasks, including social media marketing outlets.
10. Perform other duties that may arise.
One or more years’ experience with residential real estate management.
Tax Credit, Section & Public Housing experience preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Two or more years of college preferred.
After hiring, will complete all company required certifications training and testing
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to multi-task with specific time constraints.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Professional appearance and ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
Primarily an office environment, but will need the ability to meet residents in their units, show units to potential
residents, walk around to inspect the property, often in a multi-Story facility including climbing stairs.
May work around cleaning solvents, paint fumes and landscaping chemicals.
Evening and weekend work may be required.