Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tommy Bahama
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is more than just an island inspired brand, it’s a lifestyle! Live the Island Life as an ambassador of our brand, representing the season’s stylish trends. We look for those who are passionate about growth as we offer a variety of rewarding positions, from sales to management. You will play an important role in our store leadership, inspiring your team to work together to achieve our goals, create an environment of aloha fun, while exceeding guest expectations - taking them someplace great. Come join us, share knowledge on latest designs and provide guest with world class service!
SET THE COURSE
Take responsibility for achieving individual and team sales goals. Enhance the guest’s experience by providing prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional service that supports Tommy Bahamas’ Retail Mission Statement, Tommy Bahama Values and Service Excellence techniques.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on guest needs and desires.
- Consistently invite the Guest to join the Guest Registry and explain the benefits of joining. Efficiently handle the purchase and return transactions following policies and procedures as well as sale and service expectations.
- Learn, reference and apply product knowledge information obtained from various sources such as co-workers, seasonal buy strategy and visual documents, company Intranet, product labels, and Product Knowledge binder.
- Embrace brand direction by providing product knowledge and fashion direction with guests on a daily basis.
- Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season’s trends and key items for the business.
- Maintain current knowledge of tommybahama.com, marketing programs, images, and media plans.
- Proactively seek opportunities to up sell and add-on additional merchandise, further enhancing the guest’s shopping experience.
- Anticipate and overcome guest objections to purchasing merchandise.
- Meet and exceed sales and service performance goals set by store management team members including but not limited to individual sales, units per transaction (UPT,) dollars per transaction (DPT,) etc.
- Build lasting relationships (“clientele”) with guests by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise, and remind them of upcoming events.
- Maintain proper banking and media accountabilities at POS while following all “Banking” and “Cash Wrap” policies and procedures.
- Watch for and recognize loss prevention situations and know how to prevent and handle these situations using outstanding guest service and “Loss Prevention” policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for team members and guests.
- Follow Retail Operations policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in all store-related meetings and trainings, and apply learned skills on the job.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Participate in executing visual merchandising philosophies, cleaning and upkeep of physical store at the direction of store management. Assisting guests should always come first.
- Embrace, articulate, and reflect the Tommy Bahama Values.
- Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama Values in all business decisions and actions.
- Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
- Willingness to take on other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
Education and Training
- 2 years guest service and sales experience preferred
- Multi-Lingual preferred
- Retail apparel experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong sales and service skills, strong interpersonal skills, verbal communication skills, listening skills, ability to multi-task, time management skills, organization skills, basic math skills, cash handling/transaction skills, and ability to set and achieve goals.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
At Tommy Bahama, paradise is our business. Focused on exceptional guest service, upscale products and delicious food and drinks, our tropically inspired lifestyle inspires the world to relax. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, eCommerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. There are countless opportunities to contribute to our continued success — if you'd like to help us "Live the Island Life," we'd like to hear from you.
Tommy Bahama is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.