Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tommy Bahama
Responsible for delivering exceptional culinary experiences to our Guests while exhibiting Tommy Bahama Values and following policies, procedures, and standards.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Actively participate in a team environment that promotes financial and culinary success.
- Consistently execute Company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in all restaurant related meetings and training sessions; apply learned skills on-the-job.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Clean and sanitize tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment.
- Practice proper operation of dish machine including but not limited to set up/breakdown, proper washing procedures and chemical usage.
- Keep the dish room and equipment clean and organized.
- Ensure the safety, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen by maintaining specified agency standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 1 year of high-volume culinary/hospitality experience preferred
- Must have current food handler’s card and other certifications required by federal/state/local law.
- Strong listening skills, strong organization skills, ability to multi-task, team player.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and communicate operational information.
- Food/restaurant service skills – food/equipment/kitchenware/tableware storage and rotation, proper cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking of plate ware, glassware, silverware, pots, pans, and kitchen equipment. General housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, trash removal, etc.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required – frequently
- Routine standing for duration of shift
- Maneuvering the following types of equipment or machinery:
- Hand cart, blenders, knives, slices, wine keys and other tools listed in training manual
- Scheduled shifts determined by business needs
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
At Tommy Bahama, paradise is our business. Focused on exceptional guest service, upscale products and delicious food and drinks, our tropically inspired lifestyle inspires the world to relax. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, eCommerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. There are countless opportunities to contribute to our continued success — if you'd like to help us "Live the Island Life," we'd like to hear from you.
Tommy Bahama is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.