Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CAT III Tagalog - Yakan Dialect
at Torden LLC
- 30-Sep-2019 (EST)
- HI, USA
- Full Time
Torden is seeking qualified linguist professionals to provide linguist support services to intelligence operations with the objective of supporting on-going, real world operations. In the capacity of a CAT III linguist, your mission will be processing of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) data. The CONUS IC program operates around the clock, 24/7. As such, linguists are assigned specific work shifts that may rotate at designated times throughout the year. Mission assignments are dependent on assigned missions and Government requirements.
- Transcription Proficiency in Tagalog with specific Yakan dialect.
- Listening in target language dialect must be ILR Level 3
- Working proficiency in English must be ILR Level 3
- Demonstrated ability to conduct accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation
- Must have typing and computer skills
- Must be able to think quickly and work in a professional atmosphere as part of a team
- Ability to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect and have broad vocabulary to rarely require assistance for paraphrasing or explanation.
- Ability to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers
- Ability to understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports, and public addresses on non-technical subjects.
- Position requires TS/SCI with successful polygraph examination
- Preferred: Individuals with an active TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI access and polygraph
- All candidates must pass a U.S. Government Counterintelligence (CI) screening and polygraph to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI access
- U.S. Citizenship