Trace Systems Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Administrator
at Trace Systems Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Job Title: Help Desk Administrator
Job Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Security Clearance: An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
Certification: Current DoD 8570 IAT-II certificate (Security+ce, CCNA-Security, etc.)
Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is seeking a cleared and highly skilled Help Desk Administrator to join our team based on-site in Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
This position will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of LAN and WAN, electronic mail, telecommunications, and PC based systems and related software.
Duties to include the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and telecommunications equipment.
- Set up, administer and maintain network security procedures; ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Establish and implement LAN policies;
- Assess vendor products and interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
- Manage network performance and troubleshoot complex problems
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards
- Participates in major network installations and upgrades as needed
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Provides training to end-users
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a computer network running one or more operating systems
- Administer systems patches and updates network device operating systems in accordance with DoD guidelines
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with Cisco IOS and NxOS based network devices
- Develops scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities
- Monitors overall network health and troubleshoots reported events
- The schedule includes one team working Sunday to Thursday and the other team working Wednesday to Saturday
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
- Position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of IT related work experience to include network administration
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Experience with desktop operating systems and applications
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US citizenship is required
- Current DoD 8570 IAT-II certification (CCNA-Security, Security+, etc.)
- Must have the ability to support mission critical 24/7 operations
- CCNA Certification
- Support of Windows Server 2013/2016, Skype for Business, Transverse, mIRC, Sametime, Unite, Webex, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, OWA, Sharepoint w/ ADFS, CAS, Web Portals, VOIP, Video Phones, VTC, Voice Bridge, Profile Redirection, Organizational Shares, Map Data
- Support Secret REL, FVEY, or transport networks
- Position requires an Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent in years of experience in lieu of degree.
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact email@example.com
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.