Trace Systems Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Assurance Analyst
at Trace Systems Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Title: Information Assurance Analyst
Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Security Clearance: Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is seeking an innovative and highly-driven Information Assurance Analyst to join our growing team in Joint Base Pearl Harbor -Hickam, Hawaii. This role will be a part of a dynamic, multi-disciplined team, creating network infrastructure design and providing multi-enclave Coalition connectivity to our customer.
The Information Assurance Analyst will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and maintenance of security measures to protect information technology networks and systems. They will collaborate with the team to support our cyber defense posture and management the complexities of information assurance for our unique enterprise.
This role requires experience in network security and should have experience with DOD/Military/Agency architectures, to include network, security, policies, and operations. Where applicable, the job may also require troubleshooting problems; coordinating activities of LAN support personnel, provide guidance on common networking issues; assessing vendor products; managing network performance, and maintaining network security.
- Provide end user IA support for all computer equipment operating systems, peripherals, and applications.
- Maintain network security and ensure compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software for IA problems.
- Participate in developing and implementing network-related procedures and standards.
- Participate in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interface with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Conduct tests of IA safeguards in accordance with established test plans and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections.
- Examine potential security violations to determine if Department of Defense policy has been breached, assess the impact, and preserve evidence.
- Work with partners, customers and stakeholders to configure, optimize, and test network servers, hubs, routers, and switches to ensure that they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Monitor and maintain defense systems including endpoint security, perimeter firewalls, and intrusion detection, and vulnerability detection systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network security.
- Knowledge of scanning, endpoint security, and firewall technologies.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4.
- Experience implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Strong Understanding of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800.53 security controls and control families.
- Familiarity with Coalition and Multi-National information sharing systems, policies and environments.
- Familiarity (administrative and configuration level experience) with HBSS systems, McAfee ePO server and policy Administrator tasks and skills.
- Current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, CASP or SSCP certification
- Cross-functional team collaboration skills in a rapidly changing, high intensity, mission-oriented work environment
- Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- ITIL Foundations
- Current Microsoft certification
- SharePoint Administration experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 15+ years of experience OR
- Master’s degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering) with 10+ years of experience (Preferred)
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.