Trace Systems Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trace Systems Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Job Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Security Clearance: Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
Certification: DoD 8570 IAT Level II
Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements: US Citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a cleared Network Engineer to join the Network Engineering team in Hawaii. This role will be part of a team that creates network infrastructure designs for USINDOPACOM services.
Duties include the following:
- Provide technology leadership and own responsibility for leading the design and development of our network infrastructure utilizing a wide range of design and manufacturing partners.
- Work closely with our mission partners to understand their operational objectives and help define technical product requirements.
- Interact with engineers and mission stakeholders across the DoD and work with an interdisciplinary team to execute design, test, certification and integration into final products and spearhead product deployments to datacenters around the world.
- Manage usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
- Maintain network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment
- Participate in developing and implementing network-related procedures and standards
- Participate and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades
- Interface with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results
- Provide advice and training to end-users
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Maintain integrity and security of network devices and systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts
- Maintain system documentation
- Patch and update network device operating systems to Department of Defense guidelines
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Cisco IOS and NxOS based network devices
- Develop scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities
- Monitor overall network health and troubleshoots reported events
- Support/configure KG175D and CSfC devices (Cisco ASA and 4300)
- Configure, install, and support Cisco Call Managers for voice and video services
- Build BOMs for new project requirements
- Work trouble tickets that get escalated from Tier 2 Network Admins
- Perform other duties as required
- Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of related network administration and analysis experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- DoD 8570 IAT II certified (e.g. CompTIA Security+ certification)
- CCNA Certification
- Ability to support 24/7 operations
- Due to the nature of the work, US citizenship is required
- CCNP Certification
- Support Secret REL, FVEY, or transport networks
- Cisco VOIP experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math)
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.