Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SATCOM Field Service Engineer
- Clearance Requirement
SOSi-Vykin is currently looking for an experienced Secret cleared SATCOM Field Service Engineer to join our team in Tokyo, Japan. We are a small defense contracting company that is veteran owned servicing the US Department of Defense. The successful candidate will receive competitive wages, health plans and the opportunity to join a small company that still believes every employee counts.
The Mission Partner Environment Engineering Services (MPE-ES) team in Honolulu, Hawaii creates network infrastructure designs for USINDOPACOM services. Our designs are secure, reliable and resilient and support USINDOPACOM’s mission and its 5000+ customers throughout the Pacific theater. Our team solves challenging technical problems with architecturally-unique solutions that enable USINDOPACOM to realize critical C2 strategies. The team develops systems to ensure that every segment of our enterprise infrastructure is healthy and manageable, and is robust enough to connect hundreds of cutting-edge embedded systems theater-wide. We are seeking experienced engineers to help us deliver our private cloud platform to the warfighter, to include this SATCOM Field Service Engineer position at Yokota Air Base, Tokyo.
Analyze local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices. Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, file transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing, and the like; configure systems to user requirements. Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed; perform various tests and document results. Administer and maintain local and wide area networks; provide technical support and troubleshooting to users. Plan network layout design; may administer network security.
- Manage usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintain network security and ensure compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participate in developing and implementing network-related procedures and standards.
- Participate in and may lead, aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interface with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Manage functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of network devices and systems.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products.
- Patch and update network device operating systems to Department of Defense guidelines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Cisco IOS and NxOS based network devices.
- Develop scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities.
- Monitor overall network health and troubleshoots reported events.
- High School diploma and a minimum of five (5) years of related network administration and analysis experience
- An Active in-scope Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+)
Skills, knowledge, abilities, and experience:
- Satellite and terrestrial long-haul communications
- Circuit & Network Design
- Type 1 Encryption Devices (KIV-7M) and TACLANE KG-175 D/G
- DISA Circuit Management experience
- Serial communication Protocols RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485
- Testing Serial Communications Bit Error Rates
- Conditioned Diphase Interface, Fiber Optic, and Microwave network interfaces
- Basic level understanding of network switching and routing technologies
- Implementing DISA STIG Network Security guidelines
- TS/SCI clearance
- Attended an official SATCOM training (or the ability to attend within 90 days of starting)
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility located on a military installation in Tokyo, Japan supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as appropriate. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
SOSi-Vykin is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, HIV-positive status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.